Ibiza Edge Villa Rental Blog. Ibiza Villas Info.
Enjoy Renting a Villa in Ibiza…out of season!
So, what do you do in Ibiza when the clubs have closed their doors and the weather is cooler? The answer is…LOTS!
Firstly, Pacha actually stays open for most of the winter months (Friday/Saturday) also Aura and Bambuddha Grove remain open until Halloween and the weather in October is still really warm and sunny.
But there is so much more to Ibiza than just clubs and bars. There are walking groups who organise tours around some of island’s most picturesque spots. There are also hippy markets to check out, such as Calla Llenya and San Jordi, where you can sample the more spiritual side of Ibiza.
There’s also breathtaking Almond Blossom Walk, which takes place in early February under a full moon and takes participants from San Antionio and through the almond orchards in the valley surrounding the small village of Santa Ines (Santa Agnes). Really beautiful!
There are some great festivals on in the early summer months too!
- SANT JOSEP FESTIVAL, March: the patron saint of the district is celebrated across the island, with music, wine and processions.
- EIVISSA MEDIEVAL FAIR, Dalt Vila, May: held over three days, the streets of the Old Town become alive with artists, dancers and musicians reflecting the period.
- FIRST SUNDAY OF MAY FEAST, Santa Eulària, May: lovingly preserved horse-drawn carts are filled with early summer flowers for this colourful and charming parade.
- SANT JOAN FESTIVAL, June: the village marks the summer solstice with massive bonfires, fire dances and plenty of partying.
- SANT BARTOMEU FESTIVAL, Sant Antoni, August: Cultural, religious and sporting events are held down by the harbour, plus there are spectacular fireworks.
- FESTES DE LA TERRA, Dalt Vila, August: it’s nearly 800 years since the Spanish re-conquered Ibiza, but the occasion is still celebrated with, among other things, another enormous fireworks display.
One major bonus is that there are also direct flights to Ibiza during the winter months now! British Airways are offering direct flights to Ibiza during 2013. Generally most flights are Thursday and Sunday, direct from London City Airport (LCY) to Ibiza (IBZ)
Come and see us soon! Date: 13th Feb, 2013
page 1 of 1